Ballybeg Community Education Project is a community based young person and family centred After School Education Support Service which works with primary and secondary school students living in Ballybeg.
It works with 4th to 6th class primary school students and 1st year to 6th year secondary school students through offering homework assistance, study support, classes with teachers, exam preparation etc.
It also engages members, through the Youth Work programmes which address issues including: Assertiveness, Self Confidence, Effective Communication, Decision Making Skills, and Self Esteem towards enabling young people to develop their personal, interpersonal and social skills. This in time will enhance their ability to attain the maximum benefit from the education system.
Primary School Supports
The project works with young people from 4th/5th/6th class in primary school. The current members attend a variety of different primary schools.
Currently Club Runs
Monday/ Tuesday/ Thursday from 2:35pm - 4:45pm with the following program.
- 2:35pm - 3:10pm : Homework/ Revision
- 3:10pm - 3:30pm : Lunch (Provided to members.)
- 3:30pm - 4:00pm : Activity (Games/ Youthwork/ Gardening.)
- 4:00pm - 4:45pm : Finish Homework/ Extra Games/ Head home when finished homework. (With parents/ guardians permission)
Secondary School Supports
The Project works with students from 1st year to 6th year, offering:
- Assistance with homework/ study.
- Small class tuition with teachers in a variety of Junior Cert. and Leaving Cert. subjects.
- Youth work programmes.
- Recreation and leisure based programme.
For more information on joining, please call Glenn Lynch, Project Co-Ordinator on 051-353800.
The Project has recently been awarded €50,000 administered by Pobal on behalf of the Department of Children and Youth Affairs towards the building and development of a Youth Café.
We are currently working on design and looking for matching funding to maximise the potential of the Café.
Any organisation/ individual that can help with :
- Securing funding
- Volunteer Project Management for build
- Volunteer builders, plasterers, carpenters, plumbers, electricians, etc.
We would be delighted to hear from you. Please feel free to contact the centre on 051-350 100.
Ballybeg Community Education Project